Easiest and Most Durable Garden Gate Solution
Topics ranging from metal fencing, wooden fencing and concrete fencing to name just a few. find answers and post your questions here

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
damyan24
Labourer
Labourer

Easiest and Most Durable Garden Gate Solution

by damyan24 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:30 pm

Hi, I'm quite new to fencing and I'm looking for some advice on the best way to put a garden gate in this location. The raised bed on the right is making things a bit complicated and I want to know what would be the easiest and most durable solution.

I'm going to have to secure a post to the brick wall and a post to the existing fence and from what I can see I have 2 options:
- Option 1: Put a post on the inside of the small brick wall, dig a 50-60cm hole and use postmix to secure it. There would have to be an additional shorter post over the existing brick wall
- Option 2: Put a post to the outside of the brick wall and secure it to the brick

In the picture, the posts are in red and the fencing is in orange. I'm after some advice on which is the better option or if there is another, better way I'm not seeing (probably is one). The raised bed is 60cm high and the gate will be 150cm high (from the ground)

Thank you!

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Easiest and Most Durable Garden Gate Solution

by stoneyboy » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:28 pm

Hi damyan24
You need to submit your post again - the picture is missing.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:00 pm