Electric Airing cupboard heater
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Clanger
Apprentice
Apprentice

Electric Airing cupboard heater

Post by Clanger » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:10 pm

I've just changed my back boiler and had the old hot water tank from the airing cupboard removed. It has been replaced by a Combi in the airing cupboard area (which I'm refitting with new stuff).
As the old "system" heated the airing cupboard area from the water tank typically, I need to replace that heat with a new system.

I've been looking at the following items :-

Google "hygienesuppliesdirect.com/products/prod132156"

and was wondering if this sort of size would be suitable for an area approximately 700mm wide x 400mm deep x 2000mm high, fitting the tubular heating arrangement on the wall at the very bottom. This area doesn't contain the boiler, and is empty space with slatted shelving being built.

I'm not really sure if the heat supplied will be enough, or indeed too much and perhaps get a single tube instead. I intend to use a timer control with it.

I'd be very grateful of any experience in this system, or any other suggestions.

Thanks

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:48 am

The airing cupboard is normally where the HW tank/cylinder would be located. You don't need to heat this space - you probably want to for drying washing etc.

Any heater will do really, but electric heaters can be expensive to run.

Personally - I wouldn't bother, the heat that you lost from the tank/cylinder was wasted really - you will not have this loss with a combi and should notice some reduction in your gas bill.

If you really want some form of heat there - why not take some from the combi ? fit a radiator in this space maybe ?

htg

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1