Electric Boiler
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

saltare11o
Labourer
Labourer

Electric Boiler

by saltare11o » Tue May 22, 2007 11:20 am

I live in a one bedroom flat with my boyfriend, and until recently we were using around 6-7 units of electricity per day and around 1-1.5 units of gas per day. (We used gas for heating as well as for all hot water)
Recently we had our gas boiler replaced with an electric (Trianco Aztec) one and the rise in electricity consumption has been enormous. Now we hardly use any gas at all of course, but on days when we both have long showers and also wash dishes the electricity consumption goes up to 30 units or more. And this figure is without any heating at all! Is this normal? What can we do to reduce this figure?
I used to live in a flat that had an electric shower that was powered separately from the central water heating system. We kept the switch for that shower constantly on and we had hot water for showers continuously and still our electricity consumption was around 11-12 units a day and that was also a 3 bedroom flat with 3 people sharing. So I cannot see how now two people use 30 units a day just to have a shower and wash some dishes. What are we doing wrong?
Please help!!