Electric Boiler
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
saltare11o
Labourer
Labourer

Electric Boiler

by saltare11o » Tue May 22, 2007 1:52 pm

I live in a one bedroom flat with my boyfriend. Until recently we had a gas boiler for heating and hot water and our energy consumption was 6-7 units electricity per day and 1-1.5 units gas per day. Now our gas boiler has been replaced by an electricity one, so we don't really use any gas anymore, but our electricity consumption has risen to 30 units a day (on normal days and with no heating, just for hot water). Is this normal? Is there something we are doing wrong? Is there something wrong with the boiler? It is a Trianco Aztec electric boiler.
Also I am wondering whether it is worth installing one of those power showers. In my old flat we used to have one and we left the switch on constantly and had hot water for showers continuously and still our electricity consumption was around 11 units a day in a three bedroom flat with 3-5 people living in it.
I need some advice, don't know what to do, and 30 units a day with no heating just sounds too high - am I right?
thanks!

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Thu May 24, 2007 5:48 pm

is water and heating an alright temperature ? can the temerature be adjusted ? if so probably working fine. Dont know much about electric combi's but there not like gas one's, the electric connection cannot be adjusted like the gas pressures. Watch your electric meter how fast is it going when the boiler is on ? get Electric company to check meter for accuracy.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1