electric central heating
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
cherki238@aol.com
Labourer
Labourer

electric central heating

Post by cherki238@aol.com » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:00 pm

help i have a cottage with no gas. :( need hot water and heating of some kind. this place is a blank canves :!: can any one help with some ideas about this problem please thanks cheryl :) [/quote]

Perry525
Site Agent
Site Agent

Post by Perry525 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:27 pm

When I bought a newly built flat some years ago, it had no heating.
I put in secondary glazing and insulation and then heated it with two 500watt electric bowl fires, controlled by two simple thermostats, plus an infrared strip heater in the bathroom, plus a copper tank with immersion heater for the hot water.
This worked for me, it kept the flat nice and warm.

The thing about radiant heat, is that with the heat directed straight at you, you get the benefit of the infrared radiation.
You also benefit from the fact that there is no wasted heat, you only pay for the heat used and it is easy to control. Not like wet heating, where there is heat wasted into the sky and lots of metal pipes, water , air and radiators to heat before you feel warm.

If you a lucky and have the sun shining into the home, electric turns off instantly when the sun warms the rooms, no wasted heat as with underfloor heating or radiators.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1