Electric cooker and gas hob
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
roton600
Labourer
Labourer

Electric cooker and gas hob

by roton600 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:55 pm

Will be refitting the kitchen in the near future and know that the electrics will need to be done by Part P electrician. Just a question can the exsisting cooker conection behind oven be changed to a double socket and the appliances plugged in as they both have fitted plugs on. Or can both plugs be cut off and both wired into the cooker point? Also what fuse rating should be used in the consumer unit, currently 32Amp. Dont want to be fobbed off when i get some quotes for the work.

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: Electric cooker and gas hob

by BLAKEY1963 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:07 am

[quote="roton600"]Will be refitting the kitchen in the near future and know that the electrics will need to be done by Part P electrician. Just a question can the exsisting cooker conection behind oven be changed to a double socket and the appliances plugged in as they both have fitted plugs on. Or can both plugs be cut off and both wired into the cooker point? Also what fuse rating should be used in the consumer unit, currently 32Amp. Dont want to be fobbed off when i get some quotes for the work.[/quote]

ROTON600
THE EXISTING COOKER CONNECTION IF 6 MM2 CABLE
SHOULD BE RETAINED AND KEPT FOR USE WITH AN APPLIANCE
RATED FOR COOKERS , OVENS, IF IN THE RIGHT POSTION WHEN REFITTING KITCHEN.
I WOULD REFRAIN FROM CUTTING OFF PLUGS OF APPLIANCES , BECAUSE IN SOME CASES , GUARANTEES AND WARRENTYS CAN BE VOIDED.
THESE APPLIANCES SHOULD BE PLUGGED INTO NEWLY WIRED LOW LEVEL UNSWITCHED , SINGLE SOCKETS FED FROM NEWLY WIRED SPURS
OFF THE EXISTING KITCHEN RING MAIN.
SPURS AT WORKTOP LEVEL 300MM FROM SINK OR COOKER HOB.
THIS WORK CAN BE DONE WHEN YOU REFIT KITCHEN

BLAKEY1963

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:57 am