Electric Extension Cable Reel Query
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Gary C
Labourer
Labourer

Electric Extension Cable Reel Query

Post by Gary C » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:07 pm

I have a decent electric cable reel bought about 3 years ago, it suddenly appears to be playing up, when it's rolled up I can test a drill, or radio and it works fine. Once I unroll it into the garden it stops working, there is no power connection, roll it back up onto the reel and it works!!! No obvious damage to the cable, I have tried resetting the cutouts etc, I've checked connections in the plug too, pushed the plug into the wall socket when rolled and unrolled, nothing wrong that I can see. Suggestions welcomed, thank you.

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Electric Extension Cable Reel Query

Post by Mr White » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:15 pm

If you have checked and remade the connections at the plug and at the socket and it still does not work, it must be the cable.
If it is the cable the only option you have to do dispose of it and buy a new extension lead, since if you are lucky enough to find where the cable is damaged you can not joint it and still roll it up, and if you cut off and remove the problem section the lead will not be as long as it was.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:13 am