Electric meters
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Newbee
Tradesman
Tradesman

Electric meters

by Newbee » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:32 pm

Hi there, I have a client I'm helping with a dispute with her electric supplier
up until a fault was fixed she had unusual electric usage and I had to visit her just before christmas as she had lost power all together. it turned out there was a problem with the meter and the supplier was called in to fix it.
They had to re-fix the main supply tails bringing power to the meter as one of them was loose and that tallied with the client saying she had buzzing noise coming from the meter cupboard, my question is would this fault which I beleive had been there for quite a while, had an effect on her usuage by increasing the readings on her meter because now its been fixed her usage is more balanced and she hasn't changed how she uses her appliances.

I would appreciate some feed back as the suppliers are not moving on this

Thanks in advance

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:22 am

Hi don't really want to get involved in a dispute, If it was the tails prior to the meter. I can understand the buzzing, but as the consumers energy usage is measured between the meter and the system it is suppling, can't see how it could have measured any energy loses between the loose tail connections before the meter?
KB

moggy1968
Ganger
Ganger

by moggy1968 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:52 pm

be interested to know any solution to this as well, went to a student house recently whose quaterly electric bill is 4 times what you would normally expect.
Andy

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:45 pm

hi Moggie, that may have been the 'plant friendly' UV lamps on 24/7! LOL

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:18 pm