electric pole problem
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
d_bennett15
Labourer
Labourer

electric pole problem

by d_bennett15 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:54 pm

electric pole @ sty wire in center of my garden dont get rent thay wont 6.ooo to move to edge cant aford that haw do i stand my 3@5year olds are going to be garoted by stay wire playing footy in there own garden and part sighted relitive trip over it thay ofer me stickers for wire to be more visable think the lost the point please help were from here?any advisethank you .denise

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

by ericmark » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:21 am

I will watch as I have telephone wires going over my garden and when ice builds up on them it messes up my sky TV.

Point was the wires were there first before my dish so I would think I have no re-dress.

Same may apply with you. If pole was there before house was built likely they have written permission from original land owner, likely it supplied his farm. In which case it would be down to builders to pay to get it moved.

Had a pole where we worked with 3.3Kv power cables and it cost a couple of thousand to get it moved and even then it took years to get it moved.

So was it there before the house was built or did some one sneak into your garden and stick it there?

d_bennett15
Labourer
Labourer

electric pole

by d_bennett15 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:28 pm

hi electric pole may or not have been put upbefor house built .but as owner dont wont it residing in middle of garden to edge fine stay wire a danger ie triping also restricts any extentions we wont to do .in this day and age must be a fairer way than us footing the whole moving cost .so over priced at 6 grand 4 of it labour.den

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

by ericmark » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:37 am

What do your deeds say?
There was great debate over pylons where I live where the wires buzz over the top of certain houses.
It transpired the deeds of the house permitted not only them to be there but the electric board could enter the property when ever they liked.
The houses are cheaper as a result and it was just pointed out if they did not like them why did they buy that house.
It is possible to feed power under ground and there are many cases where it has been done. However think you will find in the main it is not the electric company who have paid.
Your only hope is some one made a mistake with the deeds and permission was never granted then you may be able to force a move.
But this is not a DIY issue and I would advise to start with Citizens Advice who will likely have a Solicitor who can advise on case law what is the norm.

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

by collectors » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:38 am

Ask the supply company to provide you with a copy of the wayleave. If they cant this should give you the right to issue one years notice for them to reroute /remove the cable/connection despite the length of time the service has been there.

d_bennett15
Labourer
Labourer

by d_bennett15 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:01 pm

one letter from my solicitor game over we won easy thay moving pole yes if you now you are right stay with it if thay say no keep pushing them on health safty you will win thank you all for your help denise :lol:

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:56 pm