Electric saws
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
McBurnie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Electric saws

Post by McBurnie » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:50 am

Hi everyone,
My trusty Black & Decker Scorpion electric saw KS890E needs replacing after years of sawing branches , Christmas trees etc.
I would like to buy the same model @ £34.99, but there is also the KS890ECN @ £39.99.
According to Argos / Amazon, the ECN model is much lighter in weight (1.3kg compared to 3.1kg), otherwise it seems to do the same job apparently.

Does anyone in the DIY community have any experience of Scorpion saws and can anyone advise me. I would happily get the more expensive and lighter ECN model provided it is just as robust as the E model.

Thanks,
McBurnie

DIYDoctor1
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Electric saws

Post by DIYDoctor1 » Mon May 19, 2014 7:11 pm

Hi McBurnie,
How did you get on with your saw choice - I saw that no one responded, so I imagine know knew?

We are now stocking the Black & Decker KS890EK Scorpion Powered Handsaw, but ours comes includes the toolbox so is a little more expensive but is still nearly £30 off the RRP.

https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/DIY-superst ... itbox.html

I know it probably too late for you, but it be interesting to know how you got on.
DIY Doctor

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:17 pm