Electric shower problem
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

bluenun
Ganger
Ganger

by bluenun » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:08 pm

Thermostatic mixer seems most suitable, many thanks.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:03 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

steve the plumber
Ganger
Ganger

by steve the plumber » Tue May 05, 2009 1:32 pm

Sounds silly, but it the shower head was too close to your body then that would create the over pressure and burst the pressure release.

JustInspired
Labourer
Labourer

Easier to replace than I thought!

by JustInspired » Sun May 22, 2011 1:35 pm

Yes this thread is old but since it had the most information about the problem with my Creda 8500DL, I have decided to share my experiences here.

I put off trying this repair although I'd already gotten the part from Shower Doctor (VALVE DISC S7S PRV) - we were all having baths instead! I imagined it would be more difficult than it really was.

In short, all you need is a Philips screwdriver and about 10 minutes.

FIRST MAKE SURE YOU HAVE TURNED OFF ALL POWER TO THE UNIT!!!

Remove the front cover by taking out the top and bottom screws.

Remove the first part of the knob assembly - another couple of screws.

Remove the two screws from the plastic flange that the inlet pipe and the black hose attach to.

Pull down on the inlet pipe and the flange with the pipes attached will come away from the unit.

Under the flange where the black hose was you will see the PRV washer sitting in a recess. Note it's orientation and remove the broken PRV by pulling it out.

Clean the 'O' Ring seal and any debris/scale from around the holes.

Insert the new PRV (I wet mine first so it would go in easily.

Reassemble the unit and enjoy your shower!

Regards,

Julian

HaggardPete
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Electric shower problem - replace washer

by HaggardPete » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:04 pm

Sorry about the later reply but my 8500DL Just started leaking - this may help someone. You can replace the washer :-

1. Switch off the power at the main switchbox!

2. Unscrew the shower cover (one screw top and one on the bottom)

3. Identify the shower valve/switch assembly - on mine this was green.

3. On the green valve you can line up the bit that moves to select power settings and remove it

4. Undo the two screws holding the outer switch frame and lift it off

5. Undo the two screws holding the valve body in.

6. Remove the valve body, underneath you will find an ordinary tap washer - probably split

7. Replace the washer - I didnt have an exact match but drilled the middle out of a large washer to match

8. Reassemble..

9. Run the shower on cold for a minute to re-fill the boiler.

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:01 am