DIY Doctor

Electric shower replacement

Postby kbrownie » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:46 pm

the two levels of scope for electrical work in domestic premises, are known as full scope (FS) and defined scope (DS)
FS covers all electrical and DS coverslimited work you'd expect some trades to carry out. ie your gas man installing a boiler or kitchen fitter installing appliances.
They do run part p course,
The Main bodies which will be able to give you more information.
and I assume now GAS SAFE (DS)
Your local college or training center may do a part p course, I think they take about twelve weeks to complete on an evening, again not sure what qualification standards you need to be at to get on the course. (DS)
crash courses that will take you up to a level 3 standard, but I don't know one person that I would trust in my house that has completed one of these. (FS)
day release courses will take about two years (FS)
evening courses will take about 3 years (FS)
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 1995
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:36 pm


Simply Build It

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics