Electric Shower Supply fed from Cold tap Supply?
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
iphammer
Labourer
Labourer

Electric Shower Supply fed from Cold tap Supply?

by iphammer » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:24 pm

I have recently bought a 2 bed ex council flat. In the kitchen I have a combi boiler. By the looks of it there use to be a hot water cyclinder in the airing cupboard which has been discounted and pipes blanked off ( it looks a mess) there is also a water tank in the loft which is empty.

Under the bath tub there is plastic pipe connected to cooper pipe and then a flexible hose going onto the taps. Is this ok?

The tap has a shower connection aswell which I’m thinking of changing.

I’d ideally like to fit a new bathroom and do away with the bath tub and have a shower instead as space is limited but with my budget being low I doubt I’d be able to afford a new one.

If I were to install an electric shower can I connect off the cold tap supply for the shower or not ?

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Electric Shower Supply fed from Cold tap Supply?

by collectors » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:08 pm

If you have a combi you can take you shower of the hot & cold that comes into the bathroom. But make sure you buy a shower suitable to your combi make & model. If you want an electric shower, you would have to make sure the cold water is mains pressure in the bathroom, & in preference go for the 10.5kw as electric showers struggle in the UK winter with the water getting colder. This will entail a 10mm TWE cable to run it, direct from the fuse board.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:09 pm