Electric supply to garage
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Jeff C
Apprentice
Apprentice

Electric supply to garage

Post by Jeff C » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:45 pm

I have an electric supply to my garage (which is about 20 yards from the house) this is from a 4 core armoured cable about 4mm. This supply has been in for some years. From the CU in the house 2 of the positive wires are from 2 different fuses, but in the garage these 2 positives seem to go to just one junction as do the 2 negatives. Would it be possible to put the 2 Positives in the CU together on posible a higher rated fuse, and then put a sperate small CU unit in the garage and adjust the fuses there to accomodate lights and sockets. At the moment I need to switch of 2 'fuses' in the CU unit to isolate any item in the garage
Thanks

ericmark

Post by ericmark » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:51 pm

“Would it be possible to put the 2 Positives in the CU together on possible a higher rated fuse,â€

Jeff C
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jeff C » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:11 am

Hi ericmark
Thanks for the info - very helpful, cheers

Jeff C
Apprentice
Apprentice

Electrics : Question for ericmark

Post by Jeff C » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:55 pm

Hi, you gave me some useful info regarding power to my garage, but you had a little concern about the earth, so could a 'seperate ' earth be provided by inserting an earth rod at the garage and runing the earth from cable from that rod to the garage CU
Thanks

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:24 pm