electric under floor heating problem
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
fellmaster
Labourer
Labourer

electric under floor heating problem

by fellmaster » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:27 am

I have just had the above installed into a new conservatory . I was at work when it was installed and after a test period it appeared to be working correctly although we have not used the cons yet.
because of the size of the floor area and from the paper work ,it looks like there are two mats side by side. As the recentweather has been cold I have set the temperature higher but it will not get over 15 c and this morning i noticed that thetile floor was only warm on 30% of the floor and the rest were cold.
I have a horrible feeling the larger mat is not working and if that the case how do you reinstall the matt without digging up the tiles.
Before I go in all guns blazing has anyone ideas on possible causes etc
thanks
fell

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:26 pm

ooops!!!, only possible checks would be at stat connections where there could be 2 sets of mat connecting cables & may be a loose connection if you are lucky!!
A continuity check will be needed on circuits, if not complete then great difficulty in tracing break, get leckie who installed back ASAP,
regards SPARX

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:02 am