electrical lighting problems!!!!!!
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
peter lilley
Labourer
Labourer

electrical lighting problems!!!!!!

by peter lilley » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:56 pm

I HAVE JUST DECORATED THE FRONT ROOM AND WHILST DOING SO REMOVED THE LIGHT FITTING FROM THE CENTRE OF THE CIELING. WHEN REPLACED MOST OF THE LIGHTS IN THE HOUSE APART FROM THE KITCHEN DO NOT NOW WORK? I THINK THERE WAS ONLY 4 WIRES COMING FROM THE CEILING, 1 LIVE, 1 NUETRAL, 1 EARTH AND 1 LIVE WHEN SWITCHED. THE LIGHT I REPLACED DOES WORK PERFECTLY. I HAVE CHECKED THE LIVE FEEDS TO THE SWITCHES WHERE THE LIGHTS DO NOT WORK AND IT APPEARS THAT EVERY WIRE IN THE SWITCH IS NOW LIVE??? WHAT HAVE I DONE????

sang kibet
Apprentice
Apprentice

by sang kibet » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:17 pm

:lol: hallo i have just seen your post.from your description it seems in the process of removing the lighting at the centre where it was originally you perhaps never completed the jointing properly and thus sparking of the terminals when the live feeding the other lamps is at load.if thats not the case please check your supply whether it is at the norminal value.

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:11 pm

Hi you are missing a neutral & prob. others!
You should have at least 2 L, 1 sw L, and 3 neutrals plus 3 earths to make sense.
Have the others gone back into ceiling void?
You should have a twin/E in, a twin/E on to next light, & a twin/E to switch,
see projects on replacing a light, in colour!
Regards SPARX

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:05 am