electrical panel heaters
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
cullyvan
Labourer
Labourer

electrical panel heaters

by cullyvan » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:56 am

Hello, we have decided NOT to install central heating in our flat for the moment but instead are going to opt for electrical panel heaters. We want something semi perm that can be mounted on the wall and for it to be safe and as economical as possible. We realise our electric bills will be very high this winter but are still opting for this over the huge initial output for central gas heating especially when gas costs are rising so much of late.

Now we are trying to decide what type of electrical heaters to buy. I see three main options, a standard panel heater, a radiator type that has oil inside that is heated up via electricity, and the convector panel heaters. They seem to all be about the same price. I can't seem to find any information comparing these options in terms of a) efficiency/costs to run b) quality of heat c) safety.

I'd appreciate any advise or experiences anyone has on these or any other options we've not thought of yet.

Thanks!

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:48 pm

MANY OF THE ANSWERS TO YOUR POSTS CAN BE FOUND, WITH DIAGRAMS, IN THE DIYDOCTOR PROJECTS SECTION. CLICK HERE www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1