Electrical work in house. Now tumble dryer in garage trips the garage fusebox
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Kate65
Labourer
Labourer

Electrical work in house. Now tumble dryer in garage trips the garage fusebox

by Kate65 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:40 am

I have had my kitchen renovated. Prior to s new circuit bring added to the house fusebox a small freezer and a tumble dryer worked fine in the garage. Since the wiring work to my house fusebox the dryer in the garage trips the fusebox in the garage. The kitchen company will not send the electrician back to check what has happened. All they say is that there is a fault in the garage. Nothing to do with them. The garage was rewired many months ago and there were no issues until after the electrical workk in the kitchen. Please advise. Thank you.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Electrical work in house. Now tumble dryer in garage trips the garage fusebox

by stoneyboy » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:58 pm

Hi kate65,
It sounds like circuits were modified as part of you kitchen renovation, if this is so you should have been left with some sort of certification.
Suggest you write to the kitchen company explaining the consequences of their kitchen renovation work and ask them to arrange for the electrician to check his work. Add that if you do not hear from them within say 7 days you will arrange for an independent electrician to identify the problem and will expect them to pay if their installation is at fault.
You could get back the electrician that did the rewire in your garage to get an independent assessment.
Regards S

Kate65
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Electrical work in house. Now tumble dryer in garage trips the garage fusebox

by Kate65 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:59 am

Thank you for your reply. I am now following your advice. Hope to have it sorted within next day or two. Thank you once again.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:28 am

Thanks hope it goes well.
Regards S

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:11 am