Electrics Tripped after Removing Wall Plugs to Fill Holes for Plastering - Help Needed
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Help
Labourer
Labourer

Electrics Tripped after Removing Wall Plugs to Fill Holes for Plastering - Help Needed

by Help » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:42 am

I have been filling in holes in order to get things ready for my plastering to be done in my new home.
After filling in a section of holes my electric has tripped.
I have just been informed that recently my partner got a shock from one of the holes when removing wall plugs. So I'm presuming there's a live wire.
What I really would like is the electrics fix be a easy job or have I done some major damage.
I'm presuming that when the filler dries it should be ok right??
Please help so out of my depth.

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Electrics Tripped after Removing Wall Plugs to Fill Holes for Plastering - Help Needed

by ericmark » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:40 pm

Google Emma Shaw, she was killed when a water vessel overflowed and connected line to pipe work.

It seems the plaster caused the problem when a fixing hit the cable and caused the earth to be lost. However when the electrics were tested they used an electricians mate to take readings and enter them onto the paperwork. These readings were then typed onto paperwork for the customer.

The mate realised something was wrong and talked about it in the canteen where others had suggested what he should do.

It was the foreman who was found guilty even though he had never visited the site.

It would be interesting as to whom would be found guilty when new people occupy a house? The solicitor should have advised having an EICR done. (Electrical installation condition report) But it is up to you to pay for the report and if you decide you don't want to pay then nothing forces you.

As to if the report would highlight the cable damage is unknown but it would pick up if the earth is damaged as well as line.

Now you know something is wrong you should dig out the cable and repair it.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:03 am