email problem
Help and advice on software, hardware, configuration and general computing issues and problems

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
greengrass
Foreman
Foreman

email problem

by greengrass » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:46 am

PC windows xp hotmail account same wiresless net connection works fine.

Laptop: Windows 7 Ultimate. Hotmail account. same net wireless internet connection as desktop PC. The laptop worked fine from new (1yrs old) no problem sending within 3 - 4 secs.
Since November 2011
I receive emails
I can edit emails
I can save emails
I can't send emails....Why?

When I click Send The title word 'send' fades to mid watermark visual level and I wait for up to 30secs and as it doesn't send by then, I save it to draft and send via my Desktop PC. Strange being green when it comes to computers why one would be ok and the other not yet using same system.
Thanks and Happy New year.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: email problem

by stoneyboy » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:39 pm

greengrass,
If you are using IE try going to Tools/internet options/delete.
What ever browser you are using you should be able to do something similar to delete cookies, temp files and history.
end

Paul2463
Tradesman
Tradesman

Re: email problem

by Paul2463 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:22 pm

Greengrass

the Hotamil account system, as you probably are well aware, is web based. So as long as you can connect to the web server ( hotmail.com or hotmail.co.uk), as you can if you can read/edit/save emails then the sending part of it is the Hotmail server problem not your computer.

Or are you using a third party email client, such as Thunderbird, to access your Hotmail emails?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:06 pm