En-Suite and Adjacent Bedroom Mains
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
chopperver2
Labourer
Labourer

En-Suite and Adjacent Bedroom Mains

by chopperver2 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:59 pm

I have just put a new en-suite into an existing bedroom.

First question - For the purposes of electrical protection, do the bathroom zones extend outside of the bathroom enclosure ??

I have a wall socket in the bedroom that is inside zone 2 if I take a direct line through the wall of the bathroom, but more than a metre away from zone 0 through the ensuite door if I walk the route. No possibility of being sprayed directly with any water.

Not withstanding the regulations, it makes sense to me to have the bedroom sockets protected by an RCD in case a wet person were to leave the en-suite and attempt to pull a plug out of any socket

So second question - The socket is on a ground floor ring main that is currently protected by the RCD side of a split load consumer unit. Will this in itself cover any statutory protection requirements ??

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:58 pm

Hi chopperver2,
If the bathroom has a door on it, then it is outside zone/outside location.
So okay, if no door the measurement is not through wall but via opening, if inside zones should be removed. RCD okay protection but socket outlets not allowed inside zone 3.
Hope info helpfull
KB

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:44 pm