ensuite bathroom please help
Re-generate an old or tired space and give it a fresh breath of life. Click here for answers, information and tips

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sarah1703
Labourer
Labourer

ensuite bathroom please help

by sarah1703 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:36 pm

hello I have a tiny cottage 1 room downstairs with kitchen in it & 1 bedroom & a bathroom upstairs they are only seperate rooms because of a bit of plasterboard the pipes all come in to the bedroom & are boxed in allong the external wall to the bathroom the soil stack is also on the outside of the wall, I want to remove the bathroom & replace it with a very small ensuite ,corner toilet shower & sink,in the old boiler cupboard& built in wardrobe.so that we could use the old bathroom as a bedroom for my 3 year old boy can anyone please give any opinions or ideas as buying a bigger house isnt an option. also the bathroom that is there now would have to be replaced anyway allong with most of the old pipes as there are leaks everywhere ,surely it wouldnt cost much more to install the new ensuite than it would to replace the old avacado bathroom & fix all the many leaks the house is a back to back & has been rented out in the past but empty for a few years now it needs a lot of work which we have to do mostly ourselves all help/ideas/suggestions/ greatly appeciated

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:31 am

Hi sarah1703,
It sounds like a good idea and not impossible. sounds like the bathroom wall is just a stud wall and not structual
You can move pipe work to underfloor easy enough and create a bit more space. Is the soil pipe running on an internal wall? Didn't really understand that bit. Your stack most be outside?
Without really seeing the current layout and your intended layout hard to have a great deal of input.
When ever doing anything like this i'd always consult building controls, most are very helpful and good to have onboard and you will need them at some point.
KB

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:57 pm