DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Equipotential Bonding / Certification

Postby murphy » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:11 pm

Hi. Installed some bonding to water and gas at a property today. Not sure what to fill in on the Minor Works Certificate. Should i put a note of the resistence values obtained (0.04 Ohms) , then put N/A in the boxes for Zs, IR and RCD.

Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:55 pm


Simply Build It

Postby ericmark » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:18 am

I do see your point some of the questions have nothing to do with work.
Looking at standard forms issued by IET then.
There is no requirement to enter Zs see note.
I see no problem in entering IR for whole board if it is too low than put a note on it.
And if a TT supply the RCD/s will need testing and since in the past adding earth wires has disabled the ELCB-v I think it is fair to ask for all RCD’s to be tested to ensure non of the old type have slipped the net.
As to resistance valves I wonder where measured and how?
No harm in entering reading in notes but very unlikely that one could get high reading and there are no fail levels given anyway so it serves no useful purpose.
This is personal thoughts I have not got the new book 3 yet.
Note:- Reading the notes Part 3 note 3 it does say the earth loop impedance should be measured to check disconnection times but it does not ask for the figure to be recorded.

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics