erecting conservatory
Conservatories are a great all-round addition to any home. Find help, advice and information on all aspects of this area.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
huddy1
Labourer
Labourer

erecting conservatory

Post by huddy1 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:32 pm

Hi Can anyone help.

I am planning on erecting a self build conservatory but have 2 problems.The first is my house is a steel frames structure with plastic facia boards cladding the top half of the house. These boards pertrude 40mm out from the rendered wall below. I therefore need to pack the 40mm difference up to the facia board so that the conservatory can fit flush to the house. This is my intial problem, how do I do it. The rendered wall below is uneven and slopes out approx 25mm towards the bottom, so fitting something like a upvc strip in the gap is a nogoer. My next plan is to render the space so that the 40mm is filled and the wall can be squared up. Can anyone advice me if this is a possibility? If not has anyone any other ideas?

brace67
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by brace67 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:02 am

i would advise building out with treated timber then capping this in pvc internally i would leave the difference make a feature of it or again bow it out somewhere for u to run pipe work or electrics

heath f harris
Labourer
Labourer

Post by heath f harris » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:10 am

you can also step down the room so it doesn't interfere with the soffit -/ facia board.

Perry525
Site Agent
Site Agent

erecting conservatory

Post by Perry525 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:52 pm

You need to give some consideration to your location.
The direction of the prevailing wind is important.
Wind blown rain in an exposed location can hit with the force of a bullet and a mixture of wind force and suction will enable rain to find its way in to the most unexpected places.
Another important item is the strength of the conservatory. Will its strength rely on its inbuilt characteristics or will it rely on the house to support it in inclement weather conditions?

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:25 pm