Estimated cost of roof remediation works (to help with Checkatrade guarantee)
Tips, tricks and information on how to spot rogue and cowboy builders and also a platform for you to post and warn others of cowboy builders you may have encountered and help to spread the word of their dodgy dealings

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Ellie280
Labourer
Labourer

Estimated cost of roof remediation works (to help with Checkatrade guarantee)

by Ellie280 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:44 pm

Hi,

I was recently ripped off by a roofer who’s work was very very poor (see attached images for a sample of his handiwork). I’m in the process of a Checkatrade claim, and they require 3 quotes for remediation works to process any claim.

I’ve requested quotes from three local roofers and they all want to visit the property (understandably so!). But I’m not currently in a position where I can afford to have the work done, so I don’t want to waste the time of three roofers coming out to visit the house. I understand this is an unusual request, but are there any roofers on the forum that would be willing to provide a very quick guide price/rough estimate via email for remediation works based on pictures (I have more than just those attached) for the purposes of the claim?

Many thanks,
Ellie
Attachments
Crumbling mortar from ridge tiles
Crumbling mortar from ridge tiles
Awful feathering
Awful feathering
Top row of tiles missing
Top row of tiles missing

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Estimated cost of roof remediation works (to help with Checkatrade guarantee)

by stoneyboy » Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:29 pm

Hi ellie280,
I doubt that anyone will be able to help you remotely, it needs a site visit, details of the work carried out and a specification as to what remedial works are to be done.
Main roof - was this a re-roof or have just the mortar joins been buttered.
Extension roofs - is it the left or right hand roofs which have been worked on? Were all tiles replaced, were all battens replaced, was new underslaters felt fitted. All these details need spelling out so an assessment can be made as to what needs putting right.
You are in a very tricky situation and I doubt you will be able to fulfil Checkatrades (CAT) requirements of 3 quotes. See how many you can get and then contact CAT.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:23 pm