DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Experience in Building Disputes and Costing Past Building Work

Postby raydona » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:26 am

I'm looking for someone who has experience or currently involved in building disputes. I lived in my father's property for over 30 years. In that time I carried out building works, both major and minor, for which I was never paid. He recently passed away. In his will he left the house to my sister. Using Inheritance Act I am claiming some amount of money for the works done. My sister is disputing the monetary value of the works. I need someone who has accreditation, e.g. belongs to Federation of Master Builders or similar, who can look at the works done and say how much he would have charged had he carried out the works. He will have to provide some kind of written estimate (and maybe back it up if required) that is suitable for a court of law. All help will be greatly appreciated.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:50 am


Simply Build It

Postby collectors » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:56 am

If its a legal thing you may be better off with a quantity surveyor as i would have thought they would have more clout in court. With anything like this, its trying to find anyone that wants to get involved.
Rank: Foreman
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 485
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:26 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics