Explanation of central heating
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
gel
Apprentice
Apprentice

Explanation of central heating

by gel » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:56 pm

Hello
I have moved into a house that has a conventional gas boiler and tanks in the loft
I previously had a combination boiler which seemed simple
Could some one explain to me the basic principles of my present system
In the loft there two large tanks and a small one and pipes every where
I am very pleased with the heating of the house but would like to understand more of how it all operates
Thank you very much
gel

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Explanation of central heating

by sparx » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:35 pm

Hi, without knowing some more it's difficult to state as systems vary but if you go to home page, click on projects, scroll down to central heating-hot water systems, click on then scroll down to indirect type and I'm sure yours will be there, with drawings .

Perry525
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Perry525 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:23 pm

Gel, you now have the best heating system, well perhaps it could be improved with skirting board radiators. The way it works is you have a hot water system that will produce hot water on demand out of several taps at the same time, a low pressure cold water system that gives you an emergency supply of water should the mains get cut off and a central heating system that can be on or off, just like your combi. This time it all works at the same time.

gel
Apprentice
Apprentice

by gel » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:21 pm

Thank you Perry 525 Your comment is both interesting and encouraging since I thought I now had an inferior system to the combination boiler which appeared to have very simple pipe work Now I shall have to spend time understanding the pipe work on my new system ,not to work on it but to understand it
I am grateful for your interest in my query
gel

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1