Extension doubts
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
psychrai
Apprentice
Apprentice

Extension doubts

by psychrai » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:07 pm

Hi
i live in a terraced house. Previous owners had extened the property by a metre in the front just at the ground floor so that the living room is bigger. i intend to build an extension either in the front or rear as i have around 6 metres in the front and around 7 or 8 metres at the rear. Given that the previous owners have made an extension of 1 metre in the front, what r the options i have? Can i demolish the 1 metre extension and make the most of the space at the rear side of the property? A large tree in front of the property seems to target the gutters in the extension badly and i am seriously thinking of removing the previous front extension.

Views will helpful.
Thanks in advance.

SPUD1701
Tradesman
Tradesman

by SPUD1701 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:35 pm

Hi

If you have not already done so, best advice would be to contact your local planning authority, issue you may have is with living in a terraced house, I am sure planning have restriction on percentage of areas that can be built, based upon garden ground available.

Check with them to see if it would better for you to remove and re apply for something more substantial.

Hope this helps

psychrai
Apprentice
Apprentice

by psychrai » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:23 pm

[quote="SPUD1701"]Hi

If you have not already done so, best advice would be to contact your local planning authority, issue you may have is with living in a terraced house, I am sure planning have restriction on percentage of areas that can be built, based upon garden ground available.

Check with them to see if it would better for you to remove and re apply for something more substantial.

Hope this helps[/quote]

Thank you

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1