exterior LED lights and 13a sockets
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sashen
Labourer
Labourer

exterior LED lights and 13a sockets

by sashen » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:43 pm

I want to put some LED up-lights and two 13a sockets in my garden patio. I want to take the feed from a RCD protected 13a socket in the kitchen by drilling through the back of the kitchen socket and through the exterior wall into the back of the 1st external 13a socket. Then on to feed a fused switch which will feed the lights. I also want to put in 2nd 13a socket further along the garden.
Should I extend the kitchen ring main down to the 1st 13a socket and fused switch and take a spur off to the last 13a socket.
I don't think I can take a spur from the kitchen socket to feed the two exterior sockets and lights!
Thank you

ericmark

by ericmark » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:55 am

These questions should be directed at who ever is signing the installation cert and completion cert under Part P. It is up to them what they will allow.
I would say though I would want to RCD protect both cable and sockets so the existing RCD socket would need replacing with a RCD fused connection unit and everything then supplied from that which would mean no I would not extend ring main. But person signing your paperwork may have different ideas so you should ask them first.
Eric

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:54 pm