DIY Doctor

Extra wire from 100A fuse to consumer unit

Postby ossalot » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:51 am

Can anyone tell me why the wire I've indicated in the photo is there. Can't seem to find any info with general google searches.

Thanks
Attachments
wiring.jpg
ossalot
Progress to next rank:
50%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby ericmark » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:02 am

I guess your referring to coiled up red, I would guess at some time in the past you had storage radiators and the top fuse box with no fuses would have been used for the storage radiators, and the cable has been removed when storage radiators were removed.

However I can only guess.
ericmark

Postby ossalot » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:51 am

Thanks for replying. I should have made my highlighting clearer. I'm actualy asking about the grey cable that goes from the 100A fuse to the consumer unit. If you zoom in on the picture you can see I've drawn a box around it. Thanks
ossalot
Progress to next rank:
50%

Postby ossalot » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:37 pm

Hi, thanks for replying. the wire I was actual wondering about is the extra neutral grey wire from the cut out directly to the consumer unit. Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved.
ossalot
Progress to next rank:
50%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!