Extractor fan via loft
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
andyedinburgh
Labourer
Labourer

Extractor fan via loft

by andyedinburgh » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:26 pm

I'm looking to add an extractor fan to my bathroom and route this through the ceiling and via the loft to a roof vent.

I suspect this job is for a professional but can you give me some advice as to what I need to look for here. I haven't seen any kits at B&Q etc which attach via a roof vent.

Thanks
Andy

grizzlyadams
Apprentice
Apprentice

by grizzlyadams » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:58 pm

You can get the fitting for your roof vent from a good plumbers or builders merchant. You will need to remove a slate or two to fit then replace the others over the flashing. Similarly you can get the cap for the top of the flashing vent from same source. Any good in line extraction fan should be able to run either on a horizontal or vertical situation. Get one that runs through a relay from your light switch with a timmer fitted so starts with you putting on your light and then stops after a predetermined time set by you to suit your bathroom after the light has been switched off. Preferably using a low voltage supply.
If fitting above a shower you can get some nice ones with a light mounted in the center of, Have a look at my favourite book, screwfix as you can see some of the stuff thats available and it's on line.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1