Failed Mortar Allows Removing Bricks by Hand - Need Advice on Fix Urgently
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
skintnorthernmonkey
Labourer
Labourer

Failed Mortar Allows Removing Bricks by Hand - Need Advice on Fix Urgently

Post by skintnorthernmonkey » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:29 am

Hello

First time poster here.

I came to do some re-plastering of a wall in my house. I opted to do it properly and remove the plaster, old tile adhesive etc that was already there.

As I worked I quickly realised that the bricks were not stuck together. I managed to remove the bricks by hand, no tools. Just lifted them out. Luckily, the wall is not supporting the roof.

I have had bits of re-pointing done around the house whenever I have come across something that looked suspect (the picture of the painted wall is the wall opposite which had very soft crumbly mortar which I just dug out and re-pointed) but this has got me really worried, because of what may be lurking behind the plaster all around the house.

Who do I go to and how do I go about getting this looked at properly, and assessed for how deep the damage goes?
Or, am I panicking over nothing, and it is just a case of patch that wall up, plaster it and forget about it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:28 am