FAULT CODE ON WB GREENSTAR 30CDI BOILER
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ARTHUR1
Labourer
Labourer

FAULT CODE ON WB GREENSTAR 30CDI BOILER

Post by ARTHUR1 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:26 pm

I have a Worc Bos Greenstar 30 CDI combi boiler. I have problems with an external condensate pipe that regularly freezes. When this happens the fault code that comes up is; AE. Can anyone please tell me what this refers to? I need to lag the condensate pipe but wanted to make sure the fault code didn't refer to anything else.
Thank you

ashton
Labourer
Labourer

greenstar 30cdi boiler

Post by ashton » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:40 am

We have had the same problem with this boiler and it packs up in very cold weather. It happened last year and this in the very cold weather we are having now.

How do we deal with htis problem - the plumber who fitted it clearly did not fix the problem last year

NeilMar
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by NeilMar » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:30 am

Your condensate pipe should when externally ran no less the 1 1/4 inchs in diameter. This should be as short as possible and as vertical as possible, with a fall no less that 5 cms per meter. With the recent big freeze even with heavily lagged pipes, they can still freeze, the ones that never ran straight down to a drain.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1