All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
CraigieD
Labourer
Labourer

Faulty in Heating with Wood Burning Boiler Stove and Radiators not Heating up

by CraigieD » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:53 pm

Hi there,

I have a wood burning boiler stove that was installed just over a year ago. It has worked well heating my home. But this week the hot water stopped reaching the radiators. I've tried bleeding all the radiators but to no avail. I've got a shower that works off the stove and that get's hot water no problem.. It just appears to be not getting to the radiators. The pump still works. The other thing is that the system appears to be quite an odd set up... It's got two expansion tanks. I've tried to trace all the pipes but can't seem to get to them all. If anyone could suggest why the water has stopped getting to the radiators and also look at this sketch diagram I've made of the system and work out if this is set up correctly that would be much appreciated. I've attached the diagram.
Attachments
My Heating Issues small.png
My Heating Issues small.png (22.18 KiB) Viewed 1959 times

proptech
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Faulty in Heating with Wood Burning Boiler Stove and Radiators not Heating up

by proptech » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:10 pm

Hi CraigieD

Sorry to say, but your diagram doesn't really make a great deal of sense. I have to assume the 'tanks' are expansion vessels.
You have not shown any control valves. So I have to take a wild guess, and suggest you may have a faulty motorised valve.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:45 pm