Faultymid position BGMVSP-23 actuator ?
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
gazzw
Labourer
Labourer

Faultymid position BGMVSP-23 actuator ?

by gazzw » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:12 pm

I have to put hw and heating on for boiler to fire , then if I switch one off the boiler switches off , if I switch it back on boiler fires up again , if I then switch the other off boiler stays on , this can be either way depending on the last function before swithing it off completely is it the actuator or something else ?? any help will be much appreciated !

plastic_man77
Ganger
Ganger

by plastic_man77 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:04 pm

@ gazzw

You need to be a little more specific I'm afraid.

What boiler do you have? (Make and model) What switches are you operating on the boiler and why? Have you inherited this system or have you had it a while and it's started behaving differently?

If you can provide the above information with a slightly less confusing account of the fault you are having, then the engineers on here can try to help solve your problem.

Richard

gazzw
Labourer
Labourer

by gazzw » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:18 am

I have inherited the system , the boiler is a Saunier Duval Xeon , I was told the programmer has previously been replaced , I tried to put the heating on and the boiler would not fire up until I put on the hot water , the switch on the side of the actuator is at W , if I then switch off the hot water the switch moves from W to H and the boiler is still working . When I then switch off the heating the switch stays at H , but when I switch the boiler on for hot water the boiler doesn't fire up until I switch on the heating , then if I switch off the heating the switch moves over to W and the boiler is still working . I donot seem to be able to have hot water and heating on at the same time ,I thought I would be able to , my thinking is the switch on the side of the actuator would move to the M in the middle if I would be able to get hot water and heating at the same time ??

plastic_man77
Ganger
Ganger

by plastic_man77 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:08 am

@ gazzw

If you have a mid position vavle and it's wired correctly, there is no reason you should not be able to have heating and hot water independantly or at the same time.

It sounds like you have an electrical problem of sorts. It might not be a problem with the mid position vavle, but rather how it's wired (Might even have occurred when the new clock was installed?).

I recon you should call a heating engineer or an electrician (who's familiar with heating systems) to take a look at what you've got and let them see what can be done.

Richard

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1