fence disaster...help!
Topics ranging from metal fencing, wooden fencing and concrete fencing to name just a few. find answers and post your questions here

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
nickpicnick
Labourer
Labourer

fence disaster...help!

by nickpicnick » Fri May 11, 2007 2:14 pm

My partner insisted that a 6 foot fence all hte way round our small square garden would be fine.

The problem is the ground is raised on one side and that side the fence is about 8 foot high.

Ths 6 foot fence on top of kick boards is blocking out all the light and the garden (which I have turned from a dumping ground to a beautiful haven in the last 2 weeks) looks like a claustrophobic box. We paid £360 to have the fence put up and cant afford to start again.

Is there anything we can do to lower the fence or put windows in to let in more light? I'm so upset as it's just really dark and depressing now and I'm not even sure things will grow in all that shade.

Any advice. I'm even considering putting outdoor mirrors up to make it lighter.

Nick.

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Fri May 11, 2007 5:28 pm

Take off the top battens which are fixed either side of the panel and possibly under the inverted v shaped top section which should come off too. Refix the battens either side of the panel at the height you want it and screw through one, into the panel and into the other. When the battens are firmly fixed you can cut the top of the fence panel off to the top of the battens and refix the top bar.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:51 pm