fence posts
Topics ranging from metal fencing, wooden fencing and concrete fencing to name just a few. find answers and post your questions here

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
DOTTYDOTC
Labourer
Labourer

fence posts

by DOTTYDOTC » Sun May 25, 2008 8:59 pm

I have a 4 inch wooden fence post which is wobbly. When it is very widy it moves and the panel blows down. The post is concreted in so I can't drive a support in beside it. Has anyone got any ideas which don't involve digging it out and resetting it please?

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Mon May 26, 2008 12:31 am

Either the post has rotted at ground level or the ground has shrunk away from the concrete so that the concrete itself is "wobbling".

If it's the first then your only solution is the one I suspect you don't really want to hear. Dig it all out and install a new one.

If it's the second you could widen the gap around the existing concrete hole and pour in some more. But that's much less than optimal and the solution remains dig it out and start again.

Cheers

Bromley86
Labourer
Labourer

by Bromley86 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:48 pm

Assuming the fence post has rotted at ground level, there is a metpost repair spike you can use - ~£6. No idea if it'll stand up to wind. Perhaps you'd need to dig out the rotted post and use a concrete-in metpost.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:27 pm