fencing height
Topics ranging from metal fencing, wooden fencing and concrete fencing to name just a few. find answers and post your questions here

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mellorhouse
Apprentice
Apprentice

fencing height

by mellorhouse » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:29 pm

Can somebody tell what height can fencing go to, as our neighbours have complained to local council that the fences that they asked us to put up which including the concrete board is6 ft nine inches high, bearing in mind we put them up beacuse they said they wanted that high because bfore they where only four foot high and I was fed up of them looking over our garden all the time, and bearing in mind the council gave them permission to build an extension which is a lot hight then the fencing, the local council said that they had complained (i found this out when I complained about them building a big great gym at the bottom of the garden that they should have had permission for)

menditmartin
Labourer
Labourer

Fence Height

by menditmartin » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:05 pm

You may have a covenant in your property deeds that stipulates a particular height. If not it is more usual for a limit of 2m to apply. Local councils apply this rule if you are erecting a fence except when it is next to a road or footpath when planning permission is needed.

carl905163
Labourer
Labourer

by carl905163 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:25 pm

yes, thats correct, 2m is the maximum height without planning permission, however, a new product on the market, you can find it on e-bay or Google "buyfencingdirect.co.uk" , the product is the uk easypost. it allows you to raise the height of your posts with no digging and in seconds. Google "ukeasypost.com", as this is a sleeve that slides over the concrete posts, with it having the ability to be slid off, this would be classed as temparary, therefore the planning permission rules don't apply. with the easypost you could raise the height to anything up to 12 feet high, hope this helps.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:27 am