Ferroli help needed!
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
desperateinmalvern
Labourer
Labourer

Ferroli help needed!

by desperateinmalvern » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:35 pm

Hi, we have a Ferroli F30 that hasn't been working for either CH or HW for a while.

The low water pressure light is flashing despite the pressure gauge reading 1 bar. Having spoken to Ferroli I 'overrode' the low water pressure sensor by just joining the leads to it with a piece of wire and it worked fine, so I changed the water pressure sensor itself but that hasn't solved the issue. If anyone has any suggestions as to what else I can do I'd be very appreciative! Could changing the pressure gauge itself fix it? It seems to work fine as it rises/falls as I fill/bleed the system. Someone has mentioned that the flow and return valves could be jammed but I'm not sure what this means?

Many thanks in advance

Robert

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Ferroli help needed!

by plumbbob » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:23 pm

If the boiler works when the pressure sensor is overridden, it seems unlikely that anything such as valves is at fault. Maybe the pressure gauge is incorrect and not showing the correct pressure?? Try increasing the pressure to 1.5bar and see if it works then.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1