Filling cracks in concrete floor.
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
stubarb
Labourer
Labourer

Filling cracks in concrete floor.

by stubarb » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:49 pm

Hi,

I currently live in a 1960's build first floor flat. On taking up the carpet in the living room, We discovered a large crack. At the worst point, I would say it protudes just under 2mm over the other side. We have been having sound problems with the flat below, so wish to seal the cracks in the best way possible. Can anyone help suggest the best way to fill the cracks and maybe level the floor off again?

Niel Dare
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Filling cracks in concrete floor.

by Niel Dare » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:51 pm

[quote="stubarb"]Hi,

I currently live in a 1960's build first floor flat. On taking up the carpet in the living room, We discovered a large crack. At the worst point, I would say it protudes just under 2mm over the other side. We have been having sound problems with the flat below, so wish to seal the cracks in the best way possible. Can anyone help suggest the best way to fill the cracks and maybe level the floor off again?[/quote]

Hi,
yes i could seal your crack and level off the floor with a self smoothing screed. Where do you live.
Niel Dare

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:30 am