Filling in Seams and Gaps on Self Adhesive Vinyl Tiles
Fillers, sealants and adhesives for all types of DIY work. Help, advice and information on all aspects of this subject

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
wickid
Labourer
Labourer

Filling in Seams and Gaps on Self Adhesive Vinyl Tiles

Post by wickid » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:51 am

Hi all,

Self-adhesive vinyl tiles were recently laid on my bathroom floor. However, I'd noticed there are a few seams/gaps between some tiles. I'd searched online for a fix and came across something called a vinyl tile seam sealer but that is only sold in the USA and not available in the UK.

I'd enquired about this at a DIY store but the only thing the store assistant can advise is a waterproof silicone sealant but he was unsure if it will be hard-wearing due to feet traffic.

So I'd researched again online and discovered that the proper name for this seam sealer is a seam coating kit for vinyl tiles.

But Googling this for the UK, a seam coating kit is used for sil-nylon tents and fabrics:

https://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/p/mcnett-silnet-silicone-seam-sealer-D1872144.html?channable=e15806.MjU2OTFfMTgw&colour=180&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIu5yf8O3O1wIVEbcbCh2KwASQEAQYAiABEgInGvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

My question is whether this kind of seam coating kit, as it is waterproof silicone, can be used to fill in the seams/gaps on my vinyl tiles?

Thanks in advance.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:59 am