DIY Doctor

filter to in flow on combi

Postby james ellis » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:22 pm

I have recently had trouble with my combi boiler, which was the 3 way valve as I was getting hot rads when using shower, anyway am having new valve fitted but was also recommend to have a magnet filter or something fitted to in flow pipe can anyone tell me the correct name for this and a rough estimate to cost involved and does it do the job?
james ellis
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:52 pm


Simply Build It

Postby htg engineer » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:20 pm

Scale reducers such as Combimate are good. ... item=00001

The magnetic ones are not as effective

htg engineer
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 3256
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics