Finishing air nailers

Postby caz1959 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:52 am

Can anybody please help? Want to buy a nail gun and compressor.Have loads of spare 16g nails but most of the nailers on sale are for 18g nails.My question is -Can you use 16g nails in a 18g nail gun?
caz1959
Progress to next rank:
0%

Postby Hornibrooks » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:42 am

I have a read some different comments from the other forums and I think a 16 gauge nailer is good only for installing trim and an 18 gauge is good for door casings, chair rails and etc.
Hornibrooks
Progress to next rank:
0%

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Thu May 03, 2018 6:27 am

caz1959 wrote:Can anybody please help? Want to buy a nail gun and compressor.Have loads of spare 16g nails but most of the nailers on sale are for 18g nails.My question is -Can you use 16g nails in a 18g nail gun?

Usually no. Nail guns very seldom work with more than one diameter of nail, different lengths no problem. That's why I have 3 different nail guns and 2 staplers.

Doing a 30 second search shows Amazon have 9 to choose from.
Sometimewoodworker
Progress to next rank:
94.7%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!