All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Michael Saunders
Labourer
Labourer

Fire Damaged Acrylic... help?

by Michael Saunders » Fri May 16, 2008 2:17 pm

Ok, here's the story.

Being the stupid child I am, I was playing with matches in the bathroom. In burning some toilet paper, I had hoped to entertain myself. The resulting mess was far from that.

It turns out, toilet paper has a rather extreme rate of combustion. At least, the particular brand I was experimenting with was exceedingly flammable.

It was at the point that I realised this that I hastened to throw the burning ball of paper into the acrylic bath tub, with the idea in mind that the bath tub (its actually a spa bath, with a shower too) is a wet place, a place that would therefore extinguish my flame.

Well, it didn't. The flame then proceeded to burn and even melt a small area of acrylic. The melted part was approximately 5x5cm and the entire affected are was, or more grammatically correct is roughly 25x20cm.

Now comes the crucial part of this post - the question.

Can this be repaired, or should the bath be replaced?

To any help I get, I give thanks in advance.

By the way, being new to this forum, and not bothering to examine the features, if it is at all possible for me to post a picture, I'd glady do so.

Oh yes, and crucially - an estimated price? AU currency if possible, but if not I'm more than capable of the maths.

I look forward to some hopefully positive answers :)

nitro23456
Foreman
Foreman

by nitro23456 » Sun May 18, 2008 10:45 am

new bath mate.

anything from 70 notes, skies the limit depending on what bath you want.

I did a similar thing as a student, but it wasn't toilet paper I ignited, rather it was gaseous emissions from my rear end. luckily I didnt burn the bath but the curtains.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Mon May 19, 2008 1:51 am

Absolutely a new bath. Sounds like you are in Oz? Couldn't even guess prices for labour or materials over there.

Cheers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:43 pm