Fire regs and spotlight
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Barnsey
Labourer
Labourer

Fire regs and spotlight

by Barnsey » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:49 am

Hi, I have just installed 8 x 50W IP65 spotlights in my new bathroom ceiling, the fittings go in to the loft. I am concerned about the amount of heat they generate in the loft space, each spotlight is well spaced out and ventilated and not covered with insulation. They are not sealed units, would I be better off fitting sealed units that are IP65 or can I just fit a fire hood on each one? Please advise because I don't want to burn my house down :oops: !!! thanks. Paul

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: Fire regs and spotlight

by BLAKEY1963 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:37 pm

[quote="Barnsey"]Hi, I have just installed 8 x 50W IP65 spotlights in my new bathroom ceiling, the fittings go in to the loft. I am concerned about the amount of heat they generate in the loft space, each spotlight is well spaced out and ventilated and not covered with insulation. They are not sealed units, would I be better off fitting sealed units that are IP65 or can I just fit a fire hood on each one? Please advise because I don't want to burn my house down :oops: !!! thanks. Paul[/quote]

BARNSEY
YES U R CORRECT U SHOULD HAVE FIRE HOODS ON EACH
LIGHT UNIT.
THE OTHER THING , WORK IN A BATHROOM IA NOTIFIABLE
AND COVERED BY PART P REGULATIONS. SEE DOC PROJECTS.

BLAKEY1963

Barnsey
Labourer
Labourer

by Barnsey » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:19 am

Thanks for the info :D I will be fitting fire hoods to each spotlight, the work will be inspected by the buildings guy when we have our extension underway next week.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:02 am