fire seals to roof penetrations and walls
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Sparkydelux
Tradesman
Tradesman

fire seals to roof penetrations and walls

by Sparkydelux » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:15 pm

Hi,

Can anyone suggest what I could do to get my installation up to regulations on building spec?

I have put some sockets in a kitchen and need to get them fire rated / protected. Unfortunately I cannot take them out and replace them with fire and accoustic rated boxes as the tiler has tiled them in. is there another solution I can increase the fire protection as is?

Also, If the house has original lights penetrating through the ceiling, does it become my responsibility to provide fire protection through the ceiling rose or penetration?

What can I do to resolve that issue too?

As always your comments are always valuable,

Kind regards,

Sparkydelux

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:01 pm

Hi, who says you need to provide fire protection for kitchen sockets? are they in a party stud wall or something?
If they do require it then wholesalers stock intumescent seals which can be retro fitted inside back box, they are thin,flat sheets which expand with high temp to fill void.
Very few ceilings require fire sealing unless say a garage with bedroom above, or flats to prevent spread between homes. Normally then only if recessed downlights fitted due to large cut out in plaster board, normal ceiling roses not considered a risk,
regards SPARX

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:39 pm