Hello, just about to start decorating our bedroom, first time I've ever attempted to decorate a room. Will be a paint only job so hopefully straight forward, however have a few questions, probably silly. I want to do it properly so here's what I'm thinking.
- Removing all things from walls, such as curtain rails, radiator, door handles, etc.
- Sanding skirting boards, door, door frame, window sill, walls are in very good condition, house is only 12 years old and I don't think they'll need any sanding.
- Paint walls, ceiling with primer
- Wait to dry and apply main coats over walls, skirting, door, etc
1. I assume its not sensible to start painting until all sanding is complete (even the primer?) as will be dusty?
2. I'm going to get a Black and decker mouse sander to help with sanding, is this going to be suitable?
3. Do the skirting boards, doors, window ceils etc, need primer?
Will probably come up with some more questions, but thanks for any advice you can give.
DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!