I have a fish pond with a submerged electric pump. The pump is a common magnetic impeller type. The power supply is off the mains via an RCD.
I noticed recently that whe I put my hand in the water I get a
"tingling"like a very slight shock sensation especially near where the power cable enters the pond. Also, as I cleaned the pump yesterday I switched off the isolating switch next to the pond but I still felt the timgling sensation from the pump, again close to the connecting cable. This does not seem to affect the fish which are thriving.
Any views or advice on this issue?
Is this common with this type of pump?
Is it dangerous?
How did the power getting past the isolating switch when I was cleaning the pump?
Defiantly get a qualified electrician to check this out ASP. Would also turn off the power to this area if possible. You might be only getting a tingling sensation as you might not be getting a good earth to give you a bad shock.
DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!