All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
wookie
Labourer
Labourer

Fitting a P pipe under kitchen sink

by wookie » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:34 am

Hi
Am i right in thinking i can put the P pipe anywhere and it doesn't have to be right under the drain of the sink?I have little space under the sink yet to the right of the sink in the corner a meter away is plenty of space i can't use under the work top - so i was thinking of putting the P pipe there and that would be about 6 inches away from the waste pipe going out of the house.
Any advice would be very much welcoming.
Regards

wookie
Labourer
Labourer

by wookie » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:29 pm

*Bump*

Sorry to bump my own post but i have to have the sink sorted by noon tomorrow as the new work tops are due to arrive and the missus has promised to divorce me if her kitchen doesn't look like a kitchen by Monday morning.
Any advice on what i can do would be very much appreciated.

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

by chris_on_tour2002 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:57 am

you always want the trap as close as poss to the sink - a metre away is ok, though you must think about access. will you be able to get to it if you need to clear a blockage?

wookie
Labourer
Labourer

by wookie » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:37 pm

Thanks Chris. Yes i could get easy access to it in the corner. I'll look at putting it there instead to free some space up under the sink.Had to stop work as the stop cock under the sink is leaking which i found when i ripped up the vinyl florring. hopefully yhe plumber will make it tomorrow and fix it - but i got a bad feeling as it seems to be leaking under the concrete florring not above it.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:31 am