Fitting a Wireless Thermostat to a Ariston Micro Genus Combi
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

davelunt2
Labourer
Labourer

Fitting a Wireless Thermostat to a Ariston Micro Genus Combi

by davelunt2 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:15 am

Hi guys.

I have puchased a Horstmann Programmable Room Thermostat from Screwfix for my Combi Boiler.

My boiler is a Ariston Micro Genus (Instructions Google "ariston.co.uk/uploads/doc493fb61e1ad05.pdf")

Thermostat Instructions Google "horstmann.co.uk/downloads/ElectronicDocuments/ThermoStats/RF%20Programmable%20Room%20Thermostat.pdf"

Below is how I think the thermostat needs to be installed, could anybody please comment if they think it sounds right.

Thermostat
NC (Not Closed) Not Used
COM - Live Feed to Boiler's External Thermostat Loop
NO - Switched Live to otherside of Boiler's External Thermostat Loop

L - 230v Permanant Live Feed
N - Neutral - I think I need to wire these to where the main power cable enters the boiler.

I also believe that I need to unplug the boilers built in clock from the P.C.B.

One thing I do not understand is switched live, is the thermostat being wired for volt free application and I therefore need to remove the wired link on the thermostat? I inparticular do not understand points 6 & 7 of the below instructions.

The Instructions for my Boiler are as follows:

To connect a room thermostat, it is necessary to:
1. - Open the control panel as indicated in section 3.3.
2.- Remove the link “A” from the terminal block on the reverse of the control panel.
3. - Insert the thermostat cable through the cable grommet and fasten it by means of the
cable-clamp provided.
4. - Then connect the thermostat wires to the terminal block.
5.- If a remote time clock is to be fitted, disconnect the integral time clock from the P.C.B.
6. - Using a volt-free switching time clock, connect the switching wires from the time clock following points 1-4 above.
7. - If using an external time clock and room thermostat, these must be connected in series as points 1-7 above.

Note: Only a two-wire type room thermostat can be used.
An anti-frost device is built-in to the appliance’s electronic regulation
system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

David Lunt

It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:09 pm